I have a ton of nervous energy today. I am in a play that is opening tonite and I think the only thing that could calm my nerves right now is to cook.
We had our final dress rehearsal last night and… well…we were a little off. Should I be admitting that to you? There are so many theater superstitions, I can’t keep track of them all. Well, anyway, you know what they say…A bad dress rehearsal equals a good opening.
What is good, is this wrap! It has lots of protein and fiber and is fun to make. I pretty much love anything wrapped in a tortilla. Its my comfort food and that is what I need today.
You know what else I am doing…updating and moving files from my computer to an external hard drive. So pretty much I am counteracting my stress reliever (cooking) with a stressor (computer work). Why am I doing that?
Ok, now Im watching Smash, while I update my computer, while I cook to relieve my stress about opening night. Im going to be exhausted before I even get to the theater.
Wish me luck! Oh wait, not luck, thats bad luck. Tell me to break a leg!
- 1 avocado
- 1 15 oz can white beans, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider, red wine, white wine)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- whole wheat tortillas
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil and chipotle chile in small bowl
- Combine cabbage, carrot, cilantro and dressing
- Mash white beans and avocado
- Add onion to white beans and avocado mash
- Spread ½ cup of mash on whole wheat tortilla
- Top with ½ cup cabbage slaw
- Roll tortilla and enjoy!